The training of prospective teachers in Italy
- Written by Franco Favilli
- Published in Prospective Teachers
In Italy, Pisa, the training took place in the second half of February 2019 and was attended by fourteen young prospective teachers (eleven females and three males) with a master degree from the Department of Education, Languages, Interculture, Literature and Psychology of the University of Florence.
Here below the topics of the eight sessions:
1) The pedagogy between differences and interculturalism: an epochal emergency.
2) Multicultural society and democracy. A new idea of citizenship?
3) Interculturalism and Roma groups in Europe.
4) Roma language and culture.
5) Intercultural and marginal subjects: between school, associationism and prison.
6) Intercultural pedagogy in Europe: models and practices.
7) Interculturalism and human rights between scholastic and media knowledge.
8) Interculturalism: education, relationship, experiences in dialogue in the school.
The analysis of the satisfaction survey showed a highest appreciation, by the prospective teachers, for
- the way in which the training activities were organized,
- the quality of their contents,
- their usefulness for the subsequent workshops with young Roma in prison, but also for
- their own professional growth as future teachers.