The project Opening Conference in Pisa was organized by the Centro interdipartimentale per l’Aggornamento, la Formazione e la Ricerca Educativa – CAFRE of the University of Pisa.
The event took place on December 20th 2018, between 10.00 and 12.00.
The meeting room of the Department of Philology, Literature and Linguistics of the University of Pisa.
Project presentation by the local project team followed by
- debate, with and among the participants, on the state of the art of the Pisa area as far as the project topic is concerned;
- expressions of interest to the project by all the participants;
- declarations of willingness on the part of all the participants to commit to the development of the project the working or associative realities which they belong to, in the ways and times that will be deemed useful and necessary by the project local co-ordinator;
(more than 50) Participants’ Affiliation
- University of Pisa
- RAI – Radiotelevisione italiana, the national public broadcasting company of Italy
- Corriere della Sera, the most widespread newspaper in Italy
- Il Tirreno, the most widespread newspaper in the Province of Pisa
- Caritas, Roman Catholic relief, development and social service organisation
- C.I.F. – Centro Italiano Femminile (Italian Women Center), the most relevant women association in Italy
- Centro Culturae, association for the promotion of communication and the relationship between people of different religions and cultures
- Coordination office of the Italian ombudsmen
- Primary Schools
- Lower Secondary Schools
- Upper Secondary Schools
- Intercultural entities
The closure by the municipal authorities, in the days immediately preceding the conference, of two Roma camps and the consequent removal from the area of Pisa of their inhabitants has prevented the participation in the conference of representatives of local Roma community. New contacts will be taken immediately after Christmas and the start of the new year.